Launch Your Career in Cybersecurity
Online Classes Available Now
What is it and Who is it For?
The Online Cybersecurity Certificate at Eureka College is a six-month accelerated training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry-level jobs in cybersecurity - one of the most in-demand technology fields.
Developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning, the bootcamp-style program focuses on the key skills sought by employers. This program prepares students not only with technical knowledge, but also with the best practical cybersecurity skills to help them excel in the tech job market.
Graduates of the program will receive a digital completion certificate. Graduates are also encouraged to take the Cyber First Responder (CFR) certificate exam and/or the Security+ certification exam.
How Does it Work?
The Cybersecurity Certificate is comprised of 480 hours of best-in-class content and hands-on learning. Below are the two course options available in 2024.
- Online with Virtual Class Meetings: Start Dates February 5, 2024 & August 19, 2024. Classes meet online via Zoom on Mondays and Thursdays, from 5:00-9:00 p.m. CST. There are deadlines for assignments throughout the six-month program
- Fully Remote: Start Date options are January 30, March 26, April 30, May 28, June 25, July 30, September 24, October 29, and December 12, 2024. There are no virtual class meetings, instead, you will have six months to work through the course content and hands-on training. You will have one hour each week where you can meet with a facilitator for a Q&A session.
According to NIST, there are approximately 600,000 job openings in cybersecurity in the U.S. alone, and demand in this field is only expected to increase. With plentiful opportunities and competitive compensation, an accelerated Cybersecurity Bootcamp is the best way to gain the necessary skills to fill these positions.
"The Cybersecurity program gave me the knowledge and tools I need to understand and respond to the growing of cyberattacks on modern businesses. Instruction is provided by leaders in the industry, and students gain real, hands-on experience with state-of-the-field software and methodologies. This program is the best first step towards an exciting career for any aspiring cybersecurity professional."
Clay LaMotheCybersecurity Informational Brochure
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT AND REFUNDS
Once registered, students will be provided an access code to get into the learning platform. There will be a 30-hour required intro to Cybersecurity assignment due before the start date of the class. Unless prior arrangements are made, students must pay before the class begins. No refunds will be provided after the start of the class.
- 2024 Classes, facilitated by ThriveDX, are a one-time cost of $6,500.00.
- This certificate is not eligible for Federal Financial Aid
- As part of the IT Workforce Accelerator Program, students who live in or work in Central Illinois, and already work in IT or are seeking employment in the IT field may qualify for free tuition
- Curriculum aligned with the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- Access to ThriveDX Cyber Experts for Q&A
- Guidance on job searching and resume building
After Bootcamp Role and Readiness
- 6 months of continued access to Thrive DX’s online learning platform.
- Career readiness for the most in-demand entry-level cybersecurity roles
- Salary information can be found on the U.S. Bureau of Labor employment and wage statistics website.